In episode 42, hosts Andrew and Maxi discuss some of the findings from Andrew's recent interviews with over 25 PT's across Canada for researching his article about growing and managing a clinical caseload.
From discussions with clinicians in all stages of their career, ranging from recent grads to seasoned clinic owners, Andrew discovered new insights and fresh perspectives on the importance and common challenges of strengthening the patient relationship.
Some of the key topics discussed include:
- The challenge of caseload management
- The common theme around "relationship"
- The importance of the first appointment to set the foundation
- Why language matters, and how information overload can lead to patient overwhelm instead of providing value
- Leaning on research to build trust for new grads
- Creating a safe space for patients
Grab a beverage and enjoy the discussion!
Need instructions on how to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes? Check out our instructions here.
Are you a part of ignitephysio? Join today for free! You can ask and answer practice questions, get access to 100 reviewed and custom practice resources and access a host of other tools to improve your career and practice. https://ignitephysio.ca